Question

Unable to add new subscribers to Mailchimp when creating a filled form in Wix.

• 14 September 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi I’m trying to create an automation to add new subscribers to Mailchimp when a form is filled from Wix. It’s not triggered whenever there’s a new subscriber from Wix. The Automation from Wix, Wix Forms > Log-in to Zapier. Then from Zapier, Wix Automations>Automation Rule in Wix Automations >Add Update Mailchimp Subscribers. I dont know what’s wrong

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Y_adelene 

Good question.

1. Have you tried submitting a Wix Form after the Zap was configured?
  2. Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured?
  3. Can you post screenshots with how your Wix Automation Rule is configured?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Y_adelene 

• Is the Wix Automation Rule turned ON?
  • Have you tried submitting a Wix Form after the Zap was configured?

Workaround

Wix Automation Rule Action: Send via Webhook

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

This will generate a unique webhook URL to configure in the Wix Automation Rule action.

Hi yes Wix Automation is on and I submitted it after Zapier configuration. :( I’ll escalate this to Wix. I think their forms arent working and saving contact details to the Wix System.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Y_adelene,

Just a quick nudge here, have you heard back from Wix Automations regarding this issue? Could you please let us know their suggestion?

Please keep us posted!

Userlevel 1

I have this EXACT problem too!! I’ve messaged both WIX and Zaiper, I spent 4 hours chatting with WIX and Zapier support and no one has been able to figure this out yet. 

Automation is ON, the automation shows up on Zapier. I tested it, and it works.. the (test) John Doe contact shows up on Mailchimp. 

But when I try it on my WIX website, it doesn’t trigger Zapier. So nothing gets added to Mailchimp.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @TTiffany,

Have you checked your Zap History, and see if the Zap is triggering or are there any errors in the Zap run?

Additionally, I did see in our notes the below message from another user: 

"We had an automation from "an older version" of wix, which was making this whole thing confusing. What was attached to zap before was our Contact form and not our "subscriber form". The "older version" of the subscriber form didn't have an option to connect to Zapier. It was a weirder interface than the contact form version...I disabled that "old version" automation and made a new one and connected Zapier and now it finally worked."

Could something similar be affecting you?

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a, thanks for your help! I finally figured it out… For some reason DEV mode wasn’t working properly in WIX. I had to delete everything and started from scratch, I made sure I turned on DEV mode, then re-did the whole thing...so far it seems to work… *cross my fingers* I had it on before but it wasn’t working… very strange. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an awesome news @TTiffany! I’m glad to hear that the Zap is now working!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊