Question

Typeform to Webflow CMS Zap issue: Image upload not transferring successfully

• 10 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi there!

I am having a small issue with my Typeform > Zapier > Webflow CMS automation

For context, I have a Typeform form that includes an image upload. I can manage to get all the text data to be pulled into my Webflow blog CMS but I can’t get the image upload from the form to get uploaded into Webflow. I think it has something to do with the image URL that Zapier creates not being a public one so Webflow can’t pull it in. FYI I reached out to Webflow support and this is what they said:

--

Typically, the Webflow CMS will import an image when:

1. The image is hosted on a publicly accessible URL, meaning that the Typeform image URL should not be private.
  2. The image URL ends in an image format supported by Webflow (.png, .jpg, etc) — Image file types | Webflow University.
  3. The image file size is below the recommended limit of 4MB — Image field - Webflow University.

--

The image meets the last two conditions but I don’t think if it meets the first.

Can someone please help!

Thanks in advance :)

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JoeTangent 

To help us have full context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Hi @Troy Tessalone - good to hear from you. I’ve uploaded a short screen recording to YT. You can watch it here: 

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JoeTangent 

File objects are temp files that expire after a short time.

Try refreshing/retesting the Zap trigger step, then select a new example to use to test the Zap action step.

Hi @Troy Tessalone.

I’ve tried retesting/refreshing many times. When I retest I get a notification that says that the is “No data to show for this record” for the Main Image field. See attached.

I’ve been trying to solve this for a while and have found no solution. Is this a technical issue? Do you have any workarounds to still get the image to pull into Webflow? I messaged Webflow support and they came back with this”

--

There is no public URL assigned to files uploaded via a typeform field. That would be a major security issue. The asset should be available via the API. You could alternately have a typeform form send the notification to a Zapier endpoint then act on it there. Since that is a private channel the email notification includes a link to the asset. So that should be easy to extract. Alternately you could potentially use an automation in Typeform to push the form response and asset to another resource you could use in your automation.

--

Do you have any suggestions? I’m not entirely sure of what he means when he says to have a typeform form send the notification to a Zapier endpoint.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Troy Tessalone - I also got this from Typeform support; make any sense to you? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JoeTangent 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help