Question

Twitter to Discord Zap - how to show original tweet when I retweet

• 13 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone! 

I have a question, hope somebody can help me.

i have setup a zapp Twitter - Discord. 
Because i want everything that i tweet also posted in my special Discord twitter channel.

This is what i have setup now. Just the URL. This works really good when i make my own tweet.

but the problem is when a retweet a tweet from somebedoy else with a answer or without. It will only shows my answer and when i just retweeted it it will only shows the url of the retweet and not the complete tweet. And that looks really weird on Discord. It looks like this this is a retweet where a answered with something: 

It’s 5G now! Is my answer. And behind that it shows only a url of the tweet i answered to. But is it possible that it will show the complete tweet so you can also see the text a reacted to? 

And its the same problem when i didnt do a retweet but i just reacted to a tweet. It will only shows my reaction and behind the the url i reacted on. 

wich message text command do i need to add to make this work? 

and i also noticed that when i make my own tweet with a .gif picture it will show up like this: 

I also show up like a url.

is it possible that you can also see the gif. In Discord.

when i just make a tweet and add a picture than it just works: 

So can somebody help me please! 

thank you in advance!

Pyke

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @0sziwos !

Unfurling of links is usually specific to an app - so Discord is showing only the link of the retweet and not the full message text of the tweet, but when it’s an image, it is unfurling. You may be able to experiment with two separate messages, where the retweet url is in a separate message, though I’m not sure if that will unfurl either…

Let us know if you give that a try!

Hi @MarinaH,

thank you so much for answering! 
i don’t understand the part where you say that i can experiment with two separate messages, where the retweet url is in a separate message!

can you explain more about what you mean? 

thanks in advance! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @0sziwos!

Thanks for the reply! I meant two Send Channel Message to Discord actions in the Zap, with different URLs mapped from the Twitter trigger - this may only work if the retweet URL is in a different field, so you could have a separate action with the retweet URL vs the tweet url.

I’m not sure if it’s possible to be honest, but that would be something you could try to see if the retweet url then unfurls in the Discord message 😀 

Hi @MarinaH,

i like that i understand.

but the normal URL also triggers a normal answer on a tweet. We answer on alot of tweets. We dont want to be shown in our Twitter Discord channel. Thats really weird. 

So maybe i am not using the right URL. But you have so many options. I don’t know which one i need to choose.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @0sziwos!

I’m sorry, I don’t quite follow 😀

Could you share some screenshots of the Send Channel Message action and the URL options you are confused by? 

Alternatively, if you need someone to look at your Zap with you, then you could also contact our wonderful Support Team. You can contact them using the Get Help form.