Best answer

Trying to update a Trello card and can't even get the math right

• 17 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I am trying to set up a Zap that updates a field on a Trello card by adding the total price when a Shopify order is placed. I have tried two layers of formatting to try to get it to recognize the numbers as numbers, but it’s still saying only numeric values are accepted. Please help. I’m at my wits’ end, and I can’t keep shouting “they are numbers!” at my screen and hoping it works.

The values:

The attempt

What it’s telling me:

The results

The trigger is a Shopify order. This pulls a custom field on a Trello card. It is then meant to add the total price to the value of this custom field and update it on the card, but I have the workaround steps of formatting the field contents into a number and then removing the commas from that formatting. Can anyone help me to set this up properly please? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by SamB 17 January 2023, 10:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @moltenmaterials! 🙂

The formula that Formatter action is expecting to receive would need to be in this format SUM(2950.31,155.66). So I expect it’s the “=” and “+” signs in that Formula field which are causing the error. Try removing the equal sign (=) and change the plus sign (+) to a comma (,) instead:

82b7907baa7760f8e76068f84ef26af3.png
Can you give that a go and let us know if that fixes it?

Welcome to the Community, @moltenmaterials! 🙂

The formula that Formatter action is expecting to receive would need to be in this format SUM(2950.31,155.66). So I expect it’s the “=” and “+” signs in that Formula field which are causing the error. Try removing the equal sign (=) and change the plus sign (+) to a comma (,) instead:

82b7907baa7760f8e76068f84ef26af3.png
Can you give that a go and let us know if that fixes it?

That did it, thank you~!