Skip to main content
Best answer

Trying to trigger a zap from a Wix Form submittal - Please Help

• 20 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Currently in a genAI class for school and I am working on a Zap project that is triggered when a new form is submitted on my business website. The website is via Wix. 

In Zap, I have:

• Listed “Forms” as the event
  • Successfully logged into my Wix account
  • Selected “Form submitted”, “Specific”, and selected the correct form name (“ProjectInquiryForm” in this case)
  • When I “find new record” for an example case, it doesn’t seem to be sample-populating the actual fields of the form that are visible on the site.
    • The “John Doe” type info is all under fields that are in fact not inputs on the my selected form.
    • I have to scroll down a ways to find the form’s fields, which have names like: Field Comp Lv 5 K 7 Drw, Field Comp Lv 5 Jkl 9 Z, Field Comp Lv 5 Jkla 41, and so on.
  • The main issue of the Zap is that is doesn’t appear to be pulling the submitted information that a new client inputs on the site. 

A couple images below:

Any help is much appreciated! 

Thanks, D-Rich

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @D_Rich 

Make sure to submit the Wix Form AFTER you have created the Zap trigger step, then click the button [Find New Records].

Here’s a workaround:

@Troy Tessalone ; thanks for the guidance. I’m a bit new to Zapier, so I am not really sure I follow your tip. From what I can see, the Wix step occurs before google sheet and also before the Open AI step. 

The Wix Trigger Step is setup as follows:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@D_Rich 

Did you submit the Wix Form AFTER you created the Zap trigger step?

Once you do that, click the button: [Find New Records]

See if that pull in the record data you just submitted.

@D_Rich

Did you submit the Wix Form AFTER you created the Zap trigger step?

Once you do that, click the button: [Find New Records]

See if that pull in the record data you just submitted.

It still doesn’t seem to work; I put in a fake set of inquiry data on the actual website. After pressing submit on the Wix site, it says “thanks for submitting...”. When I then “find new records” in the Wix portion of the Zap, it returns with “No New Records Found”. 

Something about the Wix form seems to be not working just right with the Zap pull.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @D_Rich,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Currently, the Wix integration can only pull in default data, and not live data to test with. However, you can still use those data and map them on the subsequent steps of your Zap. You can learn about mapping fields here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496343026701-Send-data-between-steps-by-mapping-fields

Additionally, we have an open feature request for the Wix integration to return the real sample data. I have added you to that feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime, you can stay in the loop/follow along with updates on the main thread here: 

Hopefully, this helps!

For anyone that comes across this and wants to be added please reach out on the main topic for this issue here and we’ll get you added to the bug report.