Question

trying to send emails to google contacts not getting it

• 27 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I am new to this and cannot find the information I am looking for and need to get this working

I am trying to send emails to a contact list in Google via a zap for a paraplegic person at a church who manages a list of people requesting prayers. 

I have 1 email address prayerlist@someplace.org that will forward an emails to another email address zaplist@gmail.com and when zaplist@gmail.com receives the email from prayerlist@someplace.org the Zap should do a conatact list lookup and send the email to all contact in the zaplist@gmail.com email.

I was able to get it to work as a test to a single email, but I think that was because in the contact email section I pulled information from a received email and it hard coded my test email address? I just need it to use emails from the contacts and the way it can parse the emails is powerfull but also confusing.

I have the prayerlist email setup in zap and the connection to the contact list in zaplist@gmail.com. The final section for setting up is the confusing part as it is forcing me to chose an email out of test emails sent to the zaplist@gmail.com email? this is the part that makes no sense for what I am trying to do.

To make it simple any email from prayerlist@… sent to zaplist@ should just do a lookup of contacts at Zaplist@ and forward the body of the received email to each persons email on the contacts list.

I am sure I am missing something probably pretty simple but the documentation is not simple enought for me to create something as simple as this zap. So any help would be appreciated.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DroidGeneral 

You may want to explore using an app such as MailerLite that supports groups, sending emails, and is compliant with unsub links.

https://zapier.com/apps/mailerlite/integrations#triggers-and-actions