Question

Trying to figure out why "app isn't authenticated"

• 2 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m working with a client that sells magazine subscriptions with a platform called SimpleCirc (noted in the attached screenshot). SimpleCirc uses an invite-only version of Zapier; they sent me the link, I accepted, and am given an option to set up the only zap they utilize, which is to track revenue generated from our Mailchimp email campaigns. 

When I attempt to set up this zap, I’m prompted to enter an API token to log into SimpleCirc. When I do that, I get an error message saying the app isn’t authenticated. I’m not a tech guy - I’m a marketer - but I’m really trying to set this up for my client as it’s something they’ve been working on for a while. 

There are  four platforms in play here: my client (the magazine company), Zapier, Mailchimp, and SimpleCirc (the magazine retailer). Which of these things is giving me the problem?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @thewritekevin 

Make sure there is no leading/trailing whitespace when inputting the API Key/Token.

Here’s a tip to try:

Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves, so you can try to reach out to SimpleCirc Support for help with their Zap app authentication.