Best answer

Trying to connect Wordpress to Zapier, getting an "Error parsing response" error

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

163 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

Our apologies for the delay in taking care of this long-standing issue. 

I’ve just spoken with the team and we’ll have our engineers look into it in the next 1-2 weeks and provide an update here with either a fix or further details.

Thank you for the detailed input and showing how much this matters to you!

~ Lars, product manager on our integrations team

Zap Error​​

I too got the same error. Can you please share me the solution for this.

Thanks,

Vijay

Userlevel 1

Like many of the users, I’m also running into the same issue. After reading through this thread -- I have a few comments.

….The above facts lead me to believe the following: 

A - Zapier is having serious issues inside its business. (Financial, Engineering, Leadership, etc...)

B - The Zapier WordPress plugin has been abandoned.

C - Zapier customers should find a different product to meet their WordPress Automation/Integration needs.

All in all, very disappointing. 

Agreed. How quickly would this be resolved if this was an issue Zapier themselves were actually having?

I was working perfectly, and support has been super in the past. It’s all slightly confusing really.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

I’ve just spoken with the team and we’ll have our engineers look into it in the next 1-2 weeks and provide an update here with either a fix or further details.

Hi all,

Following up to let you know that we’ve been digging into the issue and it’s not a quick fix so it’s going to require further investigation.

For now, we’re adding logging so we can get more details about how and why this issue is occurring. With that we will be able to diagnose and hopefully come up with a resolution.

We don’t have an estimate for when it will be fixed yet, but we’ll let you know our progress again in 1-2 weeks at most.

Again, apologies to those affected and we’ll get it resolved ASAP.

Best regards,

~ Lars

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@SteveFree I wanted to thank you for the post you wrote, especially the part about changing permalinks. You’re correct that offering that as a solution without mentioning the risks/considerations was not the best choice on my part.

I’ve added a note to that reply including a link to an article explaining permalinks and how to change them without breaking one’s website. 

HI - I am also having the same error.  Please add me as an affected user. 

This plugin seems to be very poorly done and does not seem to be updated at all.  I am also having the exact same error as everyone else in this thread and it seems that the issue has been ongoing for many months.

Userlevel 2

Hi all,

Hi all,

Following up to let you know that we’ve been digging into the issue and it’s not a quick fix so it’s going to require further investigation.

For now, we’re adding logging so we can get more details about how and why this issue is occurring. With that we will be able to diagnose and hopefully come up with a resolution.

We don’t have an estimate for when it will be fixed yet, but we’ll let you know our progress again in 1-2 weeks at most.

Again, apologies to those affected and we’ll get it resolved ASAP.

Best regards,

~ Lars

Thank you for the update and for keeping us in the loop @Lars. Looking forward to hearing more about a resolution to get the plugin working again with Wordpress.

Thnx

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

We’ve made some progress this week and are still working to resolve the issue.

As some have noticed, we’ve started to show more detailed error messages to distinguish what turns out to be a few different issues. 

More updates to come! Meanwhile, we appreciate your continued patience while we work through this.

Best regards,

Lars 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@vancouverrealestate You’ve been added to the report. You’ll be notified directly once we have a solution. We appreciate your patience!

Please include me in this list.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Jen I’ve gone in and added you to the list of affected users. You’ll get a notification as soon as the issue is resolved.

Please include me in this list.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Machinerie. I’ve added you to the list!

We are creating a new site and had connected Zapier with our WP site, and now I am doing some final testing, I can no longer connect. We get the following error message, similar to all those above.

We hit an error adding your new account

authentication failed: Authentication response parse failed.

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information

Any ideas?

Thanks

+1 Please add me to the list. I have the same issue.

We are also facing the same problem while Adding JIRA account. Please help us with a solution or a workaround.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@RelaxKids @Filmon @OsTechAdmin You’ve been added to the report! We’ll notify you directly once we have an update!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

As promised, I’m here with an update on our progress. Unfortunately, we haven’t completely resolved the issues but we’ve made some updates and have suggestions for those still having trouble.

What we’ve done:

• Fixed some of the common errors when authenticating
  • Improved what errors are reported so it’s easier to troubleshoot
  • Updated our Help Docs to handle the most common issues

What we recommend trying:

• If you’re facing issues, we recommend trying to set up the connection again. If it doesn’t work, check the Help Docs to see if it has suggestions for the error you’re seeing. If that doesn’t help, please reach out to support and we will help troubleshoot.

Meanwhile, we’re continuing to investigate and fix more issues. As you know, WordPress is highly customizable so we’re seeing that various setups are running into different issues. 

Thank you for your continued feedback and patience while we work out the various issues.

Can you add me to the update list on this please?

I’ve tried all kinds of things to make it work but still getting error messages.

Poor…...

We hit an error adding your new account

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!doctype html> <html lang="en"> <head > <script> var BASE_URL = 'https\u003A\u002F\"

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @karlcw and @Jtunh2645, I’ve added you both to the list as well.

We’ll be sure to alert you by email as soon as it’s been resolved! :)

Userlevel 1

Same over here, please add me to the list.

Userlevel 1

Wait a moment, I just added the service (www) and IT WORKED for me! :sunglasses:

so instead of https://example.com type

https://www.example.com!

Cheers,
Supervison

Userlevel 1

Same over here, please add me to the list.

Hey @Supervision , jumping in here from Zapier support, it looks like this error is different from the original errors, which start with:

‘Error parsing response. We got: "<!doctype html> <html lang="en"> <head > <script>’. 

That said, for transparency I did want to call out that you are absolutely correct, and if others out there are having the specific error stating that the Zapier Wordpress Plugin is not activated, like shown here:

(view larger)

And you’ve already confirmed the plugin is both installed and activated, then a quick and usually easy fix is to ensure that when entering the URL for your Wordpress site, you’re including both https:// and www, ie like you mentioned: https://www.example.com

Thanks for pointing that out so that others can benefit while our team continues to work on fixing the error messages!