Question

Trying to change status of Monday.com lead if they are registered to our Eventbrite event

Hi all,

Really hope that this one can be solved 🤞

We have a form setup on our website which collects relevant lead information, when the lead submits their information, they are then sent to our Eventbrite page to register for their tickets to come to one of our events.

The initial form fill is sent to Monday.com, however once they have gone to Eventbrite and got their ticket, I would like to have a status column in Monday named ‘registered for event?’ changed to ‘Yes’, so we know that the user has registered and got their tickets.

Currently I am struggling on the final step, I have a 3 step process in place which looks like this:

However, the last step only works if the Item ID is an exact match to a specific item. This is essentially contradicting what I would like to do, as I would like the second step to match the field (using the email) and then this third step to then find the correct item to update, and then updating the status value to ‘Yes’

Has anyone come across a similar setup or have any suggestions? All input is very welcome.

Many thanks,

Nik

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Digital Agency 

Good question.

You can map the Item ID from step 2 to step 3, using the ‘Custom’ option.

Hey @Troy Tessalone, thank you for your suggestion,

I have mapped this using the ‘Custom’ option which is the email from the eventbrite ticket registration as you can see below:

The email in the above Item ID is populated in the Email field on Monday.com, however when I test the action I receive an error:

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Digital Agency

The Item ID field expects the Item ID which is a # as indicated by the 123 next to the field label.

Hey @Troy Tessalone, thank you for your quick response again. 

I seem to be struggling with this one to be honest! I’m not quite getting where or how I can map out the item ID so it dynamically matched up the item ID by the email from Eventbrite. 

Is what I’m trying to achieve even a possibility, do you know?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Digital Agency 

Your Zap has 3 steps.

In step 2 you are finding an item, and if/when found, that will return the Item ID.

Then in step 3, you can map the Item ID from step 2.

Hey @Troy Tessalone,

This one is still a struggle for me, when I look at the custom properties, these two fields which I mapped out in step 1 and 2 are what is available, however nothing within the ‘Get Item by Column Value in monday.com’ values is the ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Digital Agency 

You need to first test Step 2 to find a matching Item.

Then in Step 3 Custom mapping you need to expand the section for Step 2 to see the list of available data points.

Hey @Troy Tessalone thank you so much for your response. 

I have selected ‘Email’ as the column to search in and kept the others blank, however once I’ve set this, the same issue prevails that ID is not available in step 3. Do you know if I am selecting the wrong setup?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Digital Agency 

You need to map a value from Step 1 in the Email field in order to search by email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @Digital Agency wanted to check back in on this one. Did mapping the value from Step 1 in the Email field help resolve the ID issues you were encountering?