Best answer

Troubleshooting: No Preview When Sharing YouTube Playlist Video to Discord Channel

Hello Zapier Community

I have a problem with my Zap. Why it share the links with out a preview in the discord?

Can i resolve this some how. because it s better for my community to watch the new video in the channel.

thank for help

icon

Best answer by MrGreenPro94 19 June 2023, 10:11

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MrGreenPro94, welcome to the community!

Getting previews to appear correctly in Discord can sometimes be tricky, but let’s see if we can get this working for you. 

Could I ask what type of link you’re sharing in your Discord channel (eg a youtube video, a private video, etc)? If you could share an image of how the Discord action is set up in the Zap, that would be super helpful, thank you! Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

Thanks!

Hello Danvers,

Sometimes it comes with a Privat Video but it s Public. And in the Picture all the Informations you need.
Thanks for the Help

Regards MrGreenPro94

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @MrGreenPro94,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Before we dive deeper, have you given the "Embed URL" a try to see if it displays the video preview? Also, could you kindly let me know if this issue pops up when the Zap is published or during testing?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hi ken.a

I change it now. When i change it, it post it always right. i wait now if the next video in the playlist works or not. 

No issue i get when i test it.

I write you later again.

Thanks for the Help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MrGreenPro94,

I'm glad to hear that you've made the change and are hopeful that the next video in the playlist will work correctly. It's great that you didn't encounter any issues during your testing phase.

We'll be waiting to hear from you again and see if the problem has been completely resolved. 😊

Hi ken.a

Have the same Issues… 
I don t know what s the problem is. 

Thanks for Help

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MrGreenPro94,

Thank for the update!

I looked into this for you, and it seems like you might be facing a little bug here. In the past, the Discord integration had a similar issue where links posted in a message aren't showing the preview. However, our team has already addressed and closed this bug in our internal report. Although there's a chance it could reappear, I suggest reaching out to our Support team. They can help you create a bug report on your behalf. It would be also helpful to include a link to this post in your ticket. This way, our Support team will have an idea of the troubleshooting steps you've already taken.

You can contact our Support team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

7cf4459bc2c0101f1790f9db385a8e46.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Hi Ken.a

They don t give me Answers. I ask them first and they write me i need to ask here in the Community. 

What we can do then? 

Thanks.

Regards MrGreenPro94

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MrGreenPro94,

I suggest opening another ticket to our Support team, so that they can re-open or create closed bug report on your behalf and please don’t forget to link this post to them so that they know the troubleshooting steps have alreaedy taken place.

You can reach our Support team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help 

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Ken.a 

Yeah i know what you mean. But i ask them befor i ask here.
The Support say to me they don t give me Answer i need to ask in the Community.

Ok i try again.

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Keep us posted! Going the route Ken suggested with using the “File a bug or feature request” may help get the best set of eyes on this. As he mentioned also feel free to link directly to this thread -hopefully it helps provide some added context. 😊

Hi i get a answer and in the moment it works because i use some workarrounds.
I get a Answer from the Support : I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your Zaps — I'll do my best to help!

I understand that you're encountering an issue when a new video is added to a YouTube playlist. It appears that you receive a message containing the private video name without the embedded video in the channel. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and would like to help clarify and resolve the issue.

One possible reason for this behavior is that the video privacy settings on YouTube are set to "Private." When a video is set to "Private," it can only be viewed by users who have been granted specific access, consequently preventing the video from being embedded and displayed on other platforms.

To address this issue, I recommend checking the privacy settings of the videos in question on YouTube. You can consider changing the settings to either "Public" or "Unlisted." A "Public" video is viewable by anyone, while an "Unlisted" video can be accessed by anyone with the direct link but will not appear in search results or on YouTube's main page.

After updating the video's privacy settings, you should be able to view the video name and embed it correctly in your channel when added to the playlist.

Please check this one out and let me know if it works. Otherwise, I'd be glad to stick around!

I look forward to your response and assisting you further.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kindly,

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @MrGreenPro94! 👋

Thanks so much for following up to share the workaround given by the Support team. I’m so pleased that their suggestion of changing the privacy settings on the video to either "Public" or "Unlisted” did the trick.

We really appreciate you taking the time to reach back out here and share this information with the rest of the Community. Thanks again! 🤗