Question

Troubleshooting multiple Zaps not triggering for Discord to Buffer social media posts integration.

• 29 February 2024
  • 7 replies

I currently have 3 zaps all set to the same trigger, shunting a new discord message to three separate Buffers that go on to post to three different social media pages. (I need to do each buffer action separately cuz I’m on the free model). So it’s meant to go Discord Post → Zap 1, 2, and 3 → Buffer → Facebook, Instagram, Twitter

My original test run worked splendidly. The OG test post was scooped, shunted to the right places, and sent on to their final homes. There was a minor issue with Instagram being fussy but the help desk got me sorted out. Then, I changed my Buffer password and it all randomly fell apart.

Over the weekend, only the Twitter Buffer zap would trigger. The Facebook and Instagram ones stopped even trying. No error or any sign of life whatsoever. I looked into their settings and I think they are trying to pull data from the test only. The fields only have the option to pull data from the original test and I can’t seem to get it to recognize new posts at all. I double-checked that Zapier was connecting to Buffer properly since the password change and it assures me all is well. I thought maybe Discord was causing the issue, as the zaps are set to pull links AND pictures and Discord randomly decided that I'm not allowed to have link previews anymore (AND removed the setting to turn it back on?) but I am still trying to sort that out and I’m not even sure if that was the issue anyways. 

I sent an e-mail to support but they haven't gotten ahold of me yet. I decided to try another post run to see if it had sorted itself as technology sometimes does, but now NONE of the zaps are triggering. The history shows the initial test run from when I started it up originally and then nothing. It doesn't see posts at all now. 

Can someone save me from my own ineptitude? Please?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Aemi,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I understand that you’re having issues with your Zaps. I’d be happy to help you with that!

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of your action steps that shows all of its fields? Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Additionally, you mentioned that you have changed your Buffer password recently. With that, have you tried reconnecting your Discord and Buffer account after changing your Buffer password?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

I compiled all 3 into a single image to save space. I hope its what you were after

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Aemi,

Thanks for the screenshots.

You mentioned that you have changed your Buffer password recently. With that, have you tried reconnecting your Discord and Buffer account after changing your Buffer password?

Additionally, we have a help article on how to tackle Zaps that’s not triggering: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496199211277-Zap-isn-t-being-triggered

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

ok so over the weekend, I did some poking in the articles and found that PART of the issue is that I didn't realize it only checked for a new post every 15 minutes so that's on me. Facebook and Twitter seem to be working so long as I learn some patience for once lol

That test came out reasonably well, but I am still having issues with the Instagram one, I assume because Discord refuses to show the link preview anymore so the Instagram trigger has no image to pull and thus doesn't fire at all. I can’t get the image preview to work no matter what I do so I am not sure how to get this one functional. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Aemi,

Yes, that’s correct. The “New Message Posted to Channel” trigger is a polling trigger which will trigger every 2-15 minutes depending on your plan with Zapier. You can learn more about the different types of trigger on Zapier here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496244568589-Types-of-triggers-in-Zaps#h_01H9JVXS8PV9DX082DG9D1E86V

I have a quick question for you, does the message in Discord contains an attachment? If not, I believe the mapped “Attachments Proxy URL” in the “Image” field is not available when the Zap runs. You can check that on the DATA out of the Discord trigger in the Zap run on the Zap History.

ce77cb01708ca2c07b7bdb8de34fcb55.png
(view larger)

there is supposed to be an image in the link preview that the zap scoops but the link previews broke for no reason last month. im in talks with discord help to see if fix that might help. ill get back to you in a bit

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

No worries @Aemi! Please take your time and keep me updated. 🤗