Best answer

Troubleshooting Issue Mapping Columns to Fields in a Quotation Maker Zap for Equipment List Column in Google Sheets

• 17 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

I want to be able to put one of my columns “Equipment List” into a Quotation maker using a zap to pull the values from a new row of sheets and put the data onto one document template.

The block has no problem identifying the field from the google docs and sees the column when selecting a trigger but when I have to map the columns to their respective fields on the docs, some don’t show up. 

What would you guys suggest I do to troubleshoot?

(Column can be seen as a trigger)

(But doesn’t show up to populate a field)​​​​
Here is my google sheet that I’m trying to pull from

Would appreciate any help or better solutions and will answer any questions for additional info, thanks

icon

Best answer by VEMCHR 18 April 2023, 04:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @VEMCHR 

First of all, use a test row that contains text in all the columns and then you should be able to find that column in the picker.

If it doesn’t work you need to copy a sample column variable and just replace the Col ID like this one:

{{175010287__COL$AO}}

Your action Id (the first number will be different)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks so much for the reply @robschmidt !

Made a new test row but it doesn’t seem to work where it keeps pulling all the way down from the 205th to 207th row on the zap test

It seems like the second solution you gave could work. Could you explain a little more where I can find the action ID and would I have to put anything into my table for it to want to communicate with that column? Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @VEMCHR 

Chiming in to see if I can help!

Have you just added the column “Equipment List”? If so, I suggest to go to the trigger step and click Load more so that Zapier will pull the latest information from Google Sheets. After that, kindly select the most recent sample trigger.

Here are helpful articles regarding Google Sheets:

Hopefully this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Brem 

Thanks for the articles.

I finally got it to work and was just reconnecting my google account and redoing the zap.

I had done this days before but I’m not sure what I did that allowed it to work this time.

I think I had tried doing the second step that @robschmidt had suggested and after refreshing it showed up!

Thanks for all your help, how this thread could help others in the future also

Userlevel 1
Badge

SOrry, accidentally marked mine as the best answer.

Here it is: