Question

Troubleshooting Error - Adding Contact to Qualtrics Directory

• 29 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey there -

I have a zap that includes adding a contact list to a directory in Qualtrics. I just did a test of it, and it came back with the following error that I’m not quite sure what to make of. X’s represent a long alphanumeric string

Error message: httpStatus: 404, Qualtrics responded with an error message: "The request to get the contact(xxxxxxxxxx) from mailing-list(xxxxxxxxxx) in directory(POOL_xxxxxx) was unable to find the mailing list or directory."

The mailing list definitely exists as does the directory, so I don’t know what to do...

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ICM 

For us to have context, we will need to see screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone - see attached - let me know if other steps needed. Full zap starts with a record being added to airtable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ICM 

We need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined to have context about the field mappings.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone see attached and let me know what else you need. These are all not really related actions, just putting them together because they have one common trigger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ICM 

Make sure to test with real data to see if that resolves the error.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I did - the error came up after I made it live and tested it myself with a new airtable entry.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ICM 

For the Mailing List field, try clearing the selected value, then refresh the list, reselect the value, then test again.