Question

Troubles adding a signature to Gmail Action -> send email

• 24 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello everyone,

I’ve been trying to add a custom signature for my work email (via Gmail IMAP), i double checked to see on my main gmail account with the same signature, didn’t work either.

I’m getting that error (see attachment below).

Thank you for the future help :) 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @NadK 

You can check/test your Zap app connections here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone Hi,

The connection is set correctly, this error message appears whenever I select my signature from the signature list. I double checked with another connection on another action, it worked well.

Thanks for your answer

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here’s a preview of my signature on Gmail, it has a logo file linked from my Google Drive that is set as public. I also tried to add the image using direct links, but it’s still the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NadK 

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in in the Zap Editor in EDIT mode that shows the field types and field descriptions?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone I’m using Zapier Central,

Below is all the steps :

After choosing the signature, it loads for a moment and then display the following error

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NadK 

This screenshots shows 2 inputs fields for the Signature.

You should remove the top one, which has no value selected.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone It’s not a second input, its the same input that created a select just below it :/, the first input gives you choice between AI or custom 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there @NadK! 👋 

I tested this in my own account as well and ran into the exact same issue. It looks like it’s being caused by a bug so I did some digging on this side but I couldn’t find any existing bug reports for Zapier Central that were a match for this behaviour. So your best best will be to reach out to the Zapier Central team here to flag this. They’ll be able to investigate further and open up a bug report so our engineers can get this fixed.

Keen to ensure this gets sorted so please do keep us in the loop on how you get on with them.