Question

Trouble with Zap searching multiple Salesforce email fields before adding new contact.

• 21 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to find a way to make a Zap search (1) one field that contains several email addresses or (2) multiple email fields in Salesforce before adding a new contact. We have several email fields (personal, work, alternative) that we would like to search on in addition to our primary one. We also have a field that consolidates all emails into one field, separated by a comma.

I have this:

SELECT Email, Alternate_Email
FROM Contact

But it does not return any results.

Many thanks for any help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @helenad 

Check the field description for guidance about how to use the Salesforce SOQL.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.soql_sosl.meta/soql_sosl/sforce_api_calls_soql.htm

Hi @helenad 

Check the field description for guidance about how to use the Salesforce SOQL.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.soql_sosl.meta/soql_sosl/sforce_api_calls_soql.htm

Hi @Troy Tessalone, thanks for responding.

I’ve checked the documentation and tried the options offered but the query still doesn’t bring any results.

I’ve used:

1. All_Emails__c LIKE ‘selectedEmailField
  2. All_Emails__c IN (‘selectedEmailField’)

Neither query works.

This one works successfully:

1. npe01__HomeEmail__c = ‘selectedEmailField

This one works successfully:

1. Email = ‘selectedEmailField’

Separating all fields also works successfully:

1. npe01__HomeEmail__c = ‘selectedEmailField’ OR npe01__WorkEmail__c = ‘selectedEmailField’ OR Emai = ‘selectedEmailField

However, the All_Emails__c field captures all the emails in one field so I would like to use that one to search by. Would just like some help with the syntax.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@helenad 

Did you try asking ChatGPT for help writing the SOQL?