Question

Trouble with Zap returning only one event per day from Microsoft SharePoint.

• 11 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I’m tying to create a Zap where at midnight each night, the Zap is scheduled to find events in Microsoft Sharepoint for the upcoming day. Then an email would be created with details of the event(s) found.

The complication is that while I can use the “Find List Item in Microsoft SharePoint” action and filter the results to the upcoming day, the action only returns one event per day. So if there are multiple events in the same day and those events are full day events, only one will be returned.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem or another way of achieving the same outcome?

Thanks!

James

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @jamesforpm,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like most actions in Zapier only returns 1 set of data at a time unless there’s an action or the app’s API supports to return ALL data. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team to create a feature request on your behalf.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hopefully, this helps!

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

To overcome this limitation, you might consider the following approach:

Loop through Events: Instead of relying on a single action to find the list item, you can use a combination of actions within a Zap loop. Start by using a trigger, such as a scheduled trigger at midnight. Then, within the Zap, use a series of actions to find and process each event individually.

Filter Events Programmatically: After finding the events for the upcoming day, you can add a step to filter or sort the events programmatically within Zapier using a "Filter" or "Code" action. This way, you can ensure that all relevant events, including multiple full-day events, are considered.

Create Multiple Email Actions: If necessary, you can then set up multiple email creation actions within the loop, each corresponding to a specific event. This ensures that all identified events are included in the emails.
For quick assistance on Zapier integration support.