Question

Trouble with Wisp Form+ Google Sheets Automation - NO DATA OUT

• 31 July 2023
  • 5 replies

The integration used to work perfectly but after a few days, the Zap successfully runs but the DATA OUT says no data so I’m not able to get data from the forms into the sheet at all.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MDEC 

Good question.

What is the GSheets Zap trigger event you are using? (screenshots with how the Zap triggers step 1 is configured)

Looks like an empty row (19) triggered the Zap.

Make sure to review the available help articles for using GSheets in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MDEC 

Did you review these?

Make sure to review the available help articles for using GSheets in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Yes and nothing makes sense. I’ve used this same zap for 5 years with Sheets and never had a problem until now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear of the troubles here @MDEC.

Can you confirm whether the Wispform response that triggered the Zap and created a blank row (row 19 in Google Sheets) contained any data?

If it didn’t contain data:
Then it may indicate that there is an issue on Wispform’s end where it triggers for blank responses, or for response that weren’t yet completed perhaps? I’m not seeing any existing issues reported for the Wispform app that would match that behaviour so you may need to reach out to our Support team to investigate things further. They’ll be able to open up a bug report if necessary.

If it did contain data:
Do the currently selected Wispform fields in the Google Sheets action match the ones that contained Wispform data when the Zap ran? Or do they have different names? This might happen if the name of a selected form field has been changed after the Zap was intially set up. In which case pulling in a new test record and reselecting the relevant Wispform fields in the Zap should help to get the data from Wispform sent over to Google Sheets correctly. 

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!