Best answer

Trouble with Slack: Original message not showing as sample data for Jira issue update

• 9 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I’m trying to use a Slack Zap that auto updates a Jira issue based on a reaction added to the original message but I’m having a couple of issues where the original message (where we need to react to) it’s not showing as sample data to build the Zap (and we need this, to properly format the subsequent information)

The original messages will come to this channel by a bot/in-house built application.

I have also tested adding the emoji to non bot messages and it’s still not working.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by SamB 10 November 2023, 14:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @EnderP,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

it looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied yesterday with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Thank you for the time you were waiting and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you - we've been experiencing a high amount of requests and that delayed our response time.

I've reviewed your Zap history and it seems that the Zap triggered successfully earlier today:

Could you please confirm if you're still facing the same issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

Hi there @EnderP,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

it looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied yesterday with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Thank you for the time you were waiting and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you - we've been experiencing a high amount of requests and that delayed our response time.

I've reviewed your Zap history and it seems that the Zap triggered successfully earlier today:

Could you please confirm if you're still facing the same issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

Hello Ken,

Yes, I saw that - You should’ve been able to also see my reply on that, did it not go through?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @EnderP! 👋

I took a look at the conversation with Support and your reply to them definitely went through. And I can see that they since have since responded. Unfortunately they identified that you’re running into a known bug with the Slack integration where it’s not always triggering for new reactions that are added.

We can’t give any estimate as to when this will be resolved by but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is. I did some digging on this end to see if I could track down a potential workaround but wasn’t able to find one. Really wish I had a more immediate solution to suggest here. If we do come across any workarounds in the meantime we’ll be sure to share details of them here.