Question

Trouble with Magento 1 and Google Sheets

Hey guys,

I am trying to automatically transfer a few pieces of information from a new Magento order to a google spreadsheet. But when I want to select "payment information" (example: moneytransfer, paypal, credit card...), which is shown in Magento orders, but I can't find it as an option in Zapier when selecting which fields/elements I want to transfer to a new spreadsheet row.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks, to anyone who will take the time to help me.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Optics Trade! Thanks for reaching out!
Hmm, which trigger are you using in Magneto? Happy to double check if that field is supported in the Magneto app for you! 🙂

Thank you for your reply Christina.

I am using the trigger “new order”. I have a column in google sheets called “payment option” and in every Magento order this information is provided, but I am not getting it in Zapier as an option in the “setup action”.

I hope you can help me. Thank you very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Optics Trade! Thanks for that. I’m sorry for being redundant but are you by chance using the “New Sales Order” trigger? It doesn’t appear payment information is currently supported for that trigger. There is an open feature request for this though that I’m happy to add you to!

That said for the “New Order” trigger it does appear this information is supported -- perhaps it’s under “payment method” though? If you’re still not seeing this it might be worth checking the sample data being used has this information associated with it. 

Please keep us posted!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Optics Trade! Just wanted to check in one more time here regarding the trigger you’re using. Let us know! We’re happy to advocate for any needed functionality on your behalf. 🙂