Best answer

Trouble with incorrect date formatting in Asana to Google Sheets via Zapier.

• 7 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi guys, I have been using a Asana to Google Sheets integration for a few years now. A few months ago I saw an issue appear with the dates, Zapier suddenly started formatting them weirdly.

This is what I want to do:

My input of “Dez. 8 2023” should be converted to “2023-12-08”, right? But this is the actual output:

I have tried it without any timezone and I have tried it without a “From Format” so that Zapier figures it out but it’s always the same result.

What could be the issue?

icon

Best answer by Yusuf 8 March 2024, 12:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Yusuf 

You will probably need to define a custom From Format.

Your Month has a period and the Day can be a single digit.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

How would I define a custom format? Do you think the month could also be an issue? It’s in german, “Dez.” instead of “Dec.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Yusuf 

Yes, internal language may cause a problem.

For input fields, use the ‘CUSTOM’ tab to set your own field value.

Help: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

The ultimate solution may involve AI or a custom Code step: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

thank you for your suggestion, I was able to solve this differently, if anyone else has a similar issue:

I was wondering why Asana was outputting the date format in such a weird way and found out that in Asana the field display was a date picker but the field type was incorrectly set to “Text”. I changed the field type to “Date” and now it correctly outputs YYYY-MM-DD which Zapier can process without further formatting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @Yusuf! We’re glad to hear that the issue is now resolved!

Also, thank you for sharing the solution here. This will be helpful to our Community members who might run into the same issue.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗