Question

Trouble using OpenAI Transcription with Zoom recordings despite valid URL and trigger zap working fine

• 17 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I want to use OpenAI Transcription to transcribe a zoom recording.

I have my trigger zap set when a new recording becomes available in zoom. This works fine.

My next zap is the “Create Transcription in OpenAI (GPT-3, DALL-E, Whisper)” zap

I have tried both the “Video Files Download URL AND I have simply pasted the file url into this field (see screenshot)

I have pasted the url into a new browser tab just to check it’s a valid url and it is. The video plays fine.

I’m out of options. It really should be this hard. HELP!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Paul_Lanigan 

The link you are trying to use may be a link to a page where the video is embedded on a Zoom hosted page.

The link needs to be a publicly available direct download link.

Help article about using files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Also, large files may cause issues.

Thank you for taking the time to address this. Unfortunately this hasn’t worked for me either.

I tried every option to no avail.

One additional thing I tried had very disturbing results….

Having abandoned the task of getting OpenAI to transcribe the recording, I passed a link to Zooms transcription to OpenAI’s text summary function…….and it just made up an entire narrative that was not in the Zoom transcription…..not even close.

Presumable OpenAI wasn’t able to read the Zoom transcript from the (download) url provided and it decided the worst of all options…...just make stuff up

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Paul_Lanigan 

AI can hallucinate.