Skip to main content
Best answer

Trouble triggering Slack messages as threaded comments when "Also send to channel" is selected.

• 12 July 2024
  • 8 replies

Hello.

I'm asking because I'm having trouble triggering a message sent as a threaded comment in Slack when I select "Also send to channel" and send it to the channel as well.

It works when replying to a thread comments, but it only fails to trigger when replying to a thread and sending to a channel at the same time.

Looking at the history, I can see that messages sent by checking the "Also send to channel" feature were not triggered.

The trigger is using "New Message Posted to Channel in Slack"

Is there a workaround?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Y0utHS,

Welcome to the Community.

Please send a screenshot of your Zap. (Obscure any sensitive information within the screenshot.) This will allow us to check the configuration of your Zap.

Hi @JammerS 

The overall flow looks like this

Trigger new message in slack

Send message in slack

If there's anything else I can do, please reply!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Y0utHS,

Before we dig deeper int this, could you please confirm if the channel you’re using in the trigger is a public or a private channel?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Oh hello @ken.a 

The channel I am using is a Private Channel.

Additionally, I tried the trigger "New Message Posted to Private Channel in Slack", but it didn't trigger in the first test, so I changed it to that trigger.

I look forward to receiving your reply !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Y0utHS,

Thanks for the update.

Since you are using a private Slack channel, please change the trigger to the "New Message Posted to Private Channel" trigger.

Afterward, please publish the Zap and trigger the Zap while it is ON.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Hi @ken.a 

Thanks for replay

I tried changing the trigger to the “New Message Posted to private channel”, but "Also send to channel" feature in slack were not triggered. That’s why I changed it to "New Message Posted to Channel", which was only triggered in testing.

If you need more information, I'd be happy to talk to you.

I look forward to replying.

Hi @ken.a , @JammerS 

I'm replying again because this issue hasn't been resolved yet.

How do you think I should handle this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Y0utHS,

I’m really sorry for the late response here.

I did some digging into this, and it turns out that the issue you’re running into is a known bug with Slack integration where the “New Message Posted to Channel” trigger is not triggering when “also send to channel” is checked. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Hopefully, this helps.