Question

Trouble syncing Google Meet links between two Google Calendars.

• 7 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I am creating a trigger that initiates the creation of an event on Google Calendar (Account B) when an event is created on Google Calendar (Account A). The trigger works correctly, but if the event created on Calendar A contains a link to a Google Meet video conference, the event created on Calendar B has a different video conference link. How can I make the two fields match?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @andrea89sini 

Good question.

You can

For the Event in Calendar B, you can set Add Conferencing? = No.

Then you can pass the meeting link from the Event in Calendar A, into the Location field.

I’ve tried your solution and it worked….but

The ultimate aim is to have the event proposed into google meet home dash (see the screen).

With your method the 2 events have the same google meet link but its not quickly proposed in Google Meet (account B)

Do you have any other solution? I’ve tried to create a trigger Calendar->Meet, but it’s not possible to keep the same meet links.

Thanks for the support (sorry for bad english 😅)

Hi @andrea89sini 

Good question.

You can

For the Event in Calendar B, you can set Add Conferencing? = No.

Then you can pass the meeting link from the Event in Calendar A, into the Location field.

I’ve tried your solution and it worked….but

The ultimate aim is to have the event proposed into google meet home dash (see the screen).

With your method the 2 events have the same google meet link but its not quickly proposed in Google Meet (account B)

Do you have any other solution? I’ve tried to create a trigger Calendar->Meet, but it’s not possible to keep the same meet links.

Thanks for the support (sorry for bad english 😅)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@andrea89sini 

A GMeet can only be owned by 1 Google Account.

So whichever Google Account is being used to create the GMeet will own that GMeet.

Other, attendees would need to be invited to that GMeet.