Question

Trouble Stripping "Item 1:" from Multiple Line Items

• 9 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello Everyone - 

I am having a little trouble.  I have a field - that I need the remove the first part of. 

I need to remove the 1. Line Items Name:   This comes over in emails and other applications as Item 1:

I am trying to remove this as to just have the name of the line item.  This can be a multiple line item event.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

B

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @SLPMS. Welcome to the Community! 😁🎉

That’s very strange, the 1. Line Items Name part shown in your screenshot is just the name of the selected Shopify field. And all that should be used in that Input field when it runs should be the value contained within that field (ACORN (Adult Ou… etc.) 

Can you share a screenshot showing the setup of the action where the field name is being output incorrectly? Us folks in the Community here can’t access your Zaps so that would help give us some further context on the situation. And better allow us to help identify whether there’s anything in the action’s setup that’s causing the name of the field to be output instead of just the value it contains. Remember to remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Let me see if I can post a few things here.   

This is the Zap Sequence.

I tried THIS:

When it tests in Zapier it looks like this:

And using the other option right below it - I get this on Test:

Problem:   When the line items from Shopify come into play - they run together like this.   In both my HelpDesk and GMails email and it is difficult to see the order.  I want the line items to be one per line.   So I tried the Text in Formatter. 

I need this to be EACH individual item after a comma to be on a separate line or I could even remove the comma all together and have it end when the text is IQ - move the next one to the next line.  

Hopefully this makes sense.

I appreciate you assistance!

B

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying that @SLPMS

In that case I think what might work for you here is to have a Formatter (Utilities > Line-Item to Text) action to convert the line items into a text (as a comma separated list of the item names). Then follow that up with a Formatter (Text > Replace) action to convert the commas into new lines.

Similar to this:
248642b9afd718098184aa9a0a1c1787.png
c2d4d4ee2de5e6725ec8e05abdc7d68b.png

That should separate each item name out onto a separate line.

Also want to note that if you wanted to keep the commas, in the Replace field (on the second Formatter action) you could use [:comma:][:newline:] instead of just [:newline:]

Can you give that a try and let us know if that works as hoped?