Best answer

Trouble sending multi-item orders from Duda to Shippo due to item weight limit.

I am currently using the free version of Zapier. My eCommerce website is hosted on the Content Management System, DUDA. I use Shippo to process orders from my eComm store. I am attempting to send orders from DUDA’s Third Party Store to Shippo via Zapier

• I place an order for multiple items on my website
  • The order comes through to Zapier, listing individual item weights in the Item Weight line.
  • The order is stopped as the value in the Item Weight line exceeds 10 digits.
  • The order is not sent to Shippo.

The problem is Zapier does not have an option for ‘total weight’ that I can input into the Item Weight line. The only option I can input is ‘items weight’. Therefore, the weight of each item is displayed individually in the line and can easily exceed the 10 digit limit. I am unable to create a multiple step Zap as I am on the free version. As such, I can not create functions, loop, etc. Is there any solution I can implement with the free version of Zapier?

Many thanks 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 30 August 2023, 02:22

View original

11 replies

Images 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @OneTimeZap 

Good question.

Can you please post detailed screenshots from the Zap Editor view with how your Shippo step is configured?

@Troy Tessalone, I posted some screenshots in the comment above. Do you require additional screenshots?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@OneTimeZap 

Yes, can you post detailed screenshots from the Zap Editor view with how your Shippo step is configured and how the data is returned from Duda?

@Troy Tessalone 

Shippo step configuration screenshots (Returned Data screenshots in next comment)

@Troy Tessalone 

Returned Data Screenshots 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@OneTimeZap 

Can you post screenshots from the Zap Edit mode, instead of the Zap View mode?

That will allow us to see the field types and field descriptions.

@Troy Tessalone 

Zap Edit Mode screenshots

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@OneTimeZap 

You can add a Code step to do math to SUM the weights.

CODE

let Weight = inputData.Weight.split(",");
Weight = sum(Weight);

function sum(arr) {
let sum = 0;
for (let i = 0; i < arr.length; i++) {
sum += parseFloat(arr[i]);
}
return sum.toFixed(2);
}

output = [{Weight}];

CONFIG

RESULTS

Thank you @Troy Tessalone. Unfortunately, I can not create a multi-step zap as I am on the free version of Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @OneTimeZap! 👋

Sorry the workaround to create a total of the weight won’t be a viable option for you here. I was thinking just now that perhaps you might be able to solve it by splitting the workflow up across two Zaps. Using an app like Google Sheets or Airtable to store a record of the order and create the total weight, then trigger from the new row/record and send the details to Shippo. But that wouldn’t then give the necessary line-items that you’d need in order to create the order in Shippo, so that won’t work sadly.

From the screenshots it looks like the Weight field should accept multiple weights as separate line-items but it seems like it might be setting a collective limit for the weights across all of the line-items instead of setting a limit for each weight value in a line-item separately. So I’d recommend contacting our Support team to get this investigated further. It could be that there’s a bug with how the Weight fields are being handled by the Shippo app.

That said, are you able to get an email notification from Duda whenever there’s a new order placed that would contain the total weight perhaps? If so you could use an app like Email Parser by Zapier and try triggering the Zap from those email notifications instead and give Shippo a total weight value that way? See our Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails guide for details on how to set up the trigger.

Do you think that approach might work? If so and you run into any trouble setting that up just let us know, happy to assist further. And please do keep us in the loop on how you get on with Support, keen to know whether it’s indeed a bug!