Best answer

Trouble sending email when role is mentioned in any channel in Zapier.

• 1 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

All the other topics for this question are closed and haven’t found my issue.

ISSUE 1

I need to send an email to a person when a role is mentioned in a channel (any channel.. which is my issue #2)

I used the custom field to input my role ID. See attached. It’s not working. Am I doing something wrong? I can’t find the role in the member’s list.

ISSUE 2

Is there a way that the trigger could be set to all channels at the same time? I don’t want to create a zap for each channel.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 4 March 2024, 06:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Amelie,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some testing on my end, and it seems like the “New Mention” trigger doesn’t trigger when a role is mentioned. However, I used the “New Message Posted to Channel” as an alternative and it worked. Here’s my Zap setup:

1. Trigger: Discord - New Message Posted to Channel
  2. Action: Filter by Zapier - Only continue if the “Content” field contains the Role ID:
    3a55d10667f35fb4728133125d728865.png
    (view larger)
  3. Action: Send Email

Regarding your question about triggering on all channels, unfortunately, that feature is not supported at the moment. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team to create a feature request on your behalf.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

It’s working! Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @Amelie! I’m glad I was able to help! 🎉

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗