Skip to main content

I am setting up my first ZAP to connect to a Projectworks SQL Database.  

I have setup the SQL Server Account and on a test connection it returns that it has connected successfully.  

When I go to Configure the ZAP I have set it up for a NEW Row.  I go to the configure tab and setup the tables/View I want it to retrieve data from I get this message.  

If I was to change this to Custom and put in the table name and then go to test it says it is unable to pull new rows.  

Has anyone connected ZAP to Projectworks to pull Data, I then want to put the data into a Smartsheet.  

Hi @AmandaH 

The screenshot is limited in showing the full Zap trigger/action you are trying to use from Projectworks.

You may have to try working with the Projectworks Support for help configuring their Zap app steps.

I am wondering if this screenshot will help more.  I am unable to choose the table to pull the data from, but I have tested the SQL Connection and it says it is connected 

Hi there @AmandaH,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Could you please let me know if you have the correct permissions on the table in SQL Server?

You can learn more about that here: 

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

I believe I do.  Projectworks is SAAS and they provide us with the SQL Login IDs.  We successfully use them for our PowerBI reporting and I am using the same credentials in my ZAP setup.  

Thanks for letting me know @AmandaH.

Do you have access to the ID of the Table/View? If so, you can input the ID in the “Table/View” field as a custom value since the dropdown is not loading any choices. You can learn more about the custom value here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps#01H7FR09FB5MSJS9EXGERG4ZAD

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!