Question

Trouble connecting Shopify to Facebook offline conversions due to missing currency code field

• 18 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to find a currency code option to select for the currency field for creating my first zap but it doesn’t give me any valid option. (I’m not very tech savy but following a guide I know that I need to select “List item price… currency code” for this but can’t find it). Any suggetsions?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @HBilal, welcome to the community!

It sounds like you’re setting up a Zap using an invoicing software like Quickbooks or Xero, is that right? So that we can help you find the information that you need, please could you share:

• What steps are in your Zap (the triggers and action)
  • A screenshot of the action where you’re trying to find the currency field (Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).
  • A description of what you’re trying to do (eg when I make a sale in paypal, create an invoice in Quickbooks)
  • A link to the guide you’re following

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ll try to answer all of the above points as best as possible for me:

1. The trigger in the zap template I’m using says: Any order in Shopify and the Action says: send offline event in Facebook offline conversions.
  2. I want the circled field in the first image (screenshot of the guide I’m following) to show in my own zap (second image) too but I can’t find this in the options that open up. This throws an error when I test my zap if I select any other similar option.
  3. I’m trying to edit a zap template that sends data to facebook for any offline conversions/sales made using Shopify. I want to select “line items price… currency code” as shown below (first image) but I don’t see this option in the list that populates.
  4. Its’ part of a premium course that’s inside a platform. I’ve attached a screenshot of the video from there (first image). I need my zap to have all of the same fields selected as shown.
first image

second image

I hope that makes sense. Thank you so much for your help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @HBilal 

Jumping in to see if I can help!

Can you please type Currency on the Currency field to see if the trigger has a currency output?

f60f9b17d4b7306323a40379a22608c2.png

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes!

Userlevel 1

Here’s what it gives when I type currency (see image below).

And when I select Currency EOC as the option and test my zap, it throws an error saying: 

The app returned `{"message":"The currency parameter for your event is invalid. Enter a valid ISO 4217 three-digit currency code. e.g. USD"} What happened: Executing creates.offline_event.operation.perform with bundle {"message":"The currency parameter for your event is invalid. Enter a valid ISO 4217 three-digit currency code. e.g. USD"} Console logs: ` as error, which we cannot read.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @HBilal,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I took a peek at the screenshot you shared, and it looks like the trigger is using a "fallback" sample data that may not reflect the real-world data, leading to the error you encountered. My recommendation is to map the "Currency" field with the corresponding data from the trigger and then click the "Skip test" button in the "Test" section of the action step before publishing the Zap.

Let me know if that helps! 😊