Question

Trouble attaching a specific Google Sheets worksheet from OneDrive to an Outlook email.

Hi!

I am trying to figure out how to export and email a specific worksheet once a week from a spreadsheet and am running into some issues. 

The original spreadsheet lives on OneDrive, but I wasn’t able to find anything related to finding worksheets with that integration, so I thought I might be able to solve that by uploading the OneDrive spreadsheet to Drive on a weekly basis, and go from there. So far so good.

Next I was using the “find worksheet action” through the Google Sheets integration, which was also able to find the worksheet in question.

But it doesn’t seem as if I am able to use this worksheet to attach it in my “Outlook/Send Email” action in the last step. I have access to the worksheet ID, but don’t see any values that would allow me to attach this to the email that is being sent.

Any advice is greatly appreciated - thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @shdk85 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

Have you tried using the ID from the result of step 4 in Google Sheets?

a4c4f16d4c55e30427074ce9b6a18cd4.png

Please give it a try and see if it achieves the result that you want.

Hi @Brem -

I tried just using the ID from step 4 in the attachment field, but that just attaches a .txt file with that number. I also tried combining the file URL from step 3 with the ID from step 4, but it still send the complete google sheet, not the individual worksheet I need.

I also tried copying/creating a new worksheet based on the worksheet I’m trying to send, but it doesn’t transfer over the values / just grabs the formulas if that makes sense.

I feel like I’m missing something obvious, but not sure. Your help is much appreciated!

To add to this, I also tried to see if I could convert the worksheet with CloudConvert to circumvent some of these problems. I’m using the IDs for the spreadsheet and specific worksheet, and while the resulting URL in the test seems to look OK, I’m getting an error when running the test:

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @shdk85 

Thanks for confirming that information.

Unfortunately, the "Find Worksheet" won't export it to a file as it only fetches the details of the worksheet.
Using a different app, you would have to export the worksheet as a file.

You may check other apps here: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/documents

Let me know if you have other questions.