Skip to main content

I’m having trouble with a zap I created to move Calendly invitee’s to flodesk.

CONTEXT:
I have 3 steps. Calendly (invitee created) → Filter by Zapier → Flodesk

The Calendly and Zapier filter seem to be working fine (with the zapier filter working based on a specific Q&A answer response) but the Flodesk step has an issue.

ERROR:

This Flodesk step hit an error

Error message: Required field "Email" (email) is missing.

I want to add the Calendly invitee to a Flodesk segment but one of the requirements is an Email. The Calendly shows that the email is listed in “Invitee Email” but when the Flodesk step runs it always has something like “{{236270320__email}}” in the place. 

I’ve been running one a specific run as a test and in run details from the Calendly step, it shows the email being populated correctly. 

Any reason why the Zapier filter is not outputting an email to the Flodesk step?

Hi @Brandon08253 

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Hi Troy,

Here are some more screenshots of how to Zap is in EDIT mode.
The first 3 images are each individual step (with the test data shown)

The last image show that same test data not working when running the zap normally.

Calendly invitee created step. Testing on Invitee A’s record

Zapier filer step
Flodesk step. Email is recieved during testing

The error (no email found)

In Zap history, the replay is running on the same dataset as the test one. For some reason it doesn’t work when running normally.

@Brandon08253 

Can you post screenshots showing the DATA OUT from Zap step 1.

In the Zap Run for the DATA IN for Zap step 3, the {{vars}} indicate a variable may be mismapped.

You may have to do custom pill mapping:

Hi,

These are the inputs and outputs. They don’t seem to match up

Data out (Step 1)
Data in (Step 3)

Editting Step 3

It is also strange where, when I edit step 3, it seems to pull the data just fine. Not sure why there is a difference between normal and test runs of the same zap.

@Brandon08253 

Try using these custom pill mapping variables:

{{236270320__invitee__email}}
{{236270320__invitee__name_first}}

Interesting,

Inputting these variables makes it so my rerun of the failed zap now correct, however while editing and testing it now fails

Rerun of previously failing zap

Test of same zap
Configuration of zap

Is there any known issues if I leave it as such?

I am a bit unfamiliar with Zapier and the custom pill mapping variables

Thanks!

@Brandon08253 

My bad use this:

{{236270320__invitee__first_name}}

It can happen where the Zap Editor variables are formatted differently than the live Zap Run variables, which is not ideal.

I recommend reporting this via a ticket to Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Leaving like this is fine, those are just warning.

I will make the report, Thank you very much!