Best answer

Trigger zapier functions in line not parallel.

• 31 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a trigger function set for watching a new entry in a google document.

If I enter too many rows into the spreadsheet, it clogs up another zapier function have running down the pipe. 

I’d like to be able to enter dozens of rows at once, and have Zapier run the first one to completion before starting on the next run. Adding a random time delay won’t really help me because it needs to be finished before starting the next one. 

I create a wordpress post, upload an image to wordpress, then update the post. When I run it one at a time, there are no issues, but if I run 4 or 5 at once, it will cause my server to lag and the images won’t get uploaded properly and I get an error. But if I do them one at a time, it’s fine. So I need the function to get triggered on the first row, run, complete, then go to the next row, run, complete, and so on. 

Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 31 July 2023, 20:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MikeFreeman 

Good question.

Try adding this Zap action: Delay - After Queue

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288754829#delay-after-queue

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone  - Thank you, that was it. It works perfectly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MikeFreeman,

Awesome! I’m glad Troy was able to point you to the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊