Question

Trigger with date/time update on Airtable doesnt work

• 15 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I am trying to set up an automation upon field update in Airtable. So I create a "Last update time & date" field specific to a field. All steps are tested and working well but as I publish and test a real case (modify an amount), the update time is well updated (ISO format) but the trigger does not even activate the first action step. Does  someone have an idea to solve this ?

4 replies

I tried the same automation with the same fields with Make and it works on the first time ! So I quit Zapier for Make.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Den1155 

Airtable Zap triggers are Scheduled (not Instant), so it can take from 1-15 minutes for the Zap to fire depending on your Zapier plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Den1155 

More context…

On Make, the Airtable app triggers are also Scheduled.

There is an option to adjust the interval Minutes where the Scenario checks for new data.

NOTE: Make’s unpaid plan has a minimum interval of 15 minutes, which is the same as Zapier’s unpaid plan.

A difference between Zapier and Make.

Zapier counts trigger steps as 0 Tasks.

Make counts trigger steps as Operations.

Here are examples…

Thank you Mark, that’s very kind from you to answer me, but I had already found those elements and check everything about them. I also found that an update time & date which is not ISO format would be ignored and that records created before publishing zap would be ignored too. So, I don’t know what to do anymore. Furthermore, my atempt to do it with Make, if the automation works fine with it, has encountered other problems to set up Stripe payment intent. So I am blocked on two sides and consultants ask between 200 and 250 $ for a one hour consulting !