Question

Trigger Gmail's 'receive an email' at secondary email address

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey all, I’m trying to set up a zap that triggers when I receive an email to my work email, @example.com. I manage my work emails through Gmail (so my Gmail has access to my @example.com), but the Gmail Zap trigger of ‘when you receive an email’ doesn’t seem to trigger for my @example address, only for my @gmail address.

How do I trigger a zap when I get an email at my @example address, not my @gmail address? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Sigurdur130 

I suggest connecting your work email (@example.com) in Gmail app when creating the Zap.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey Brem, thanks for the answer. Could you clarify a little?

My work email IS connected in Gmail, see screenshot. Do I need to connect it differently, perhaps?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Sigurdur130 

Yes, you need to connect it differently with the Gmail app in the Zap.

Make sure you’re using your work email (@example.com) when connecting your Gmail app in Zapier.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

That makes sense. How do I go about doing that? I tried to connect differently with the Gmail app in the Zap a couple of times, clicking on ‘change’ under ‘account’, then ‘connect a new account’, and then signing in with my @example.com email.

But in the end, it always appears as just my @gmail.com again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Sigurdur130 

Log in to your designated Zapier account and then change your account in Gmail into the work email. After that, go to My Apps > Gmail > Add Connection.

This should connect your work email to the Gmail app in Zapier.