Question

Transferring bookings from Google Sheets into Resource Guru

• 9 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, I am trying to set up a transfer from a google sheets file to resource guru, which sets up a new booking for each row in the excel.

I have already transferred all of my resources and clients into resource guru in previous transfers, and so each of the rows in my google sheet file contains an employee name, project, client, start/end date, and hours per day record which corresponds to an employee and client already in Resource Guru. 

When I go to edit the transfer settings, I select ‘custom’ for the resource ID field, and then select the ‘name’ column in my google sheets (If I didn’t select ‘custom’ I would have to choose a particular resource, and then all of my transferred bookings would correspond to that resource in particular, rather than the resource varying per booking). 

However when I do this, I am getting an error 404 (entity not found), and my transfer is halted. 

How do I get round this issue, and bulk transfer lots of bookings into resource guru without having to separately transfer each booking per resource?

Thank you :)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @zapsupport123, welcome to the Community! 

I wonder if you’re getting that “404 (entity not found)” as it’s likely expecting an ID number to be selected for the resource not the name.

Could you try populating the Google Sheet with the Resource ID numbers instead of their names? Using Google Sheets’ find and replace action might be the quickest way to sort that for now. Then try using the Custom option again to select the Resource ID from the Google Sheets spreadsheet instead and see if it then runs without error. 

Please do let us know if that works!

Hey @zapsupport123, welcome to the Community! 

I wonder if you’re getting that “404 (entity not found)” as it’s likely expecting an ID number to be selected for the resource not the name.

Could you try populating the Google Sheet with the Resource ID numbers instead of their names? Using Google Sheets’ find and replace action might be the quickest way to sort that for now. Then try using the Custom option again to select the Resource ID from the Google Sheets spreadsheet instead and see if it then runs without error. 

Please do let us know if that works!

Hey @SamB , thanks for the suggestion- I thought that might be it but I haven’t transferred any resource ID numbers, only names, when putting the resources in- and can’t seem to find resource ID numbers for any of these resources- do you know how I would get this list from Resource Guru in order to add to the google sheet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah, good question @zapsupport123! I’d have thought that the ID numbers for the resource would be visible within the dropdown menu in the Zap (where you would select the relevant Resource option). Usually the ID numbers appear just underneath the dropdown menu option name in grey, similar to what’s shown this example:

4de290913d7a27045cca7831d8a7bc5e.png

More on custom options here: Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps 

Hope that helps to point you in the right direction! 🙂