Best answer

Tiktok for Business error: Unable to load choices We're having trouble loading 'Ad Account' data. Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'list')

• 22 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m trying to create a zap from TikTok Lead Gen to Marketo. 

I am able to log into two TikTok accounts successfully but when I try to choose an Ad account, i’m getting the following error:

Unable to load choices
We're having trouble loading 'Ad Account' data. Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'list')

The two accounts are personal accounts. I wonder if that’s why i’m getting this error?  Does it have to be a business account?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 24 March 2023, 02:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @csmt 

Good question.

When trying to connect the TikTok Zap apps to Zapier it indicates TikTok for Business.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@csmt 

From Zapier Support for a related topic:

I took a look, and I see the error you see as well. Upon investigation, the most likely cause of this would be due to permission issues.

Can you verify that the account you use has Administrator level access to TikTok Ads Manager?

I found the following article on how to integrate TikTok Lead Generation with Zapier:

https://ads.tiktok.com/help/article/integrate-tiktok-lead-generation-zapier?redirected=2

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

The account we are connecting seems like it does. Here is the screenshot.

It’s the emckenna account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @csmt,

Jumping in here to double-check with you if you have tried following this guide on how to integrate TikTok Lead Generation with Zapier: https://cdn.zappy.app/f13e7bd5466d2b0627a9e700c4ea0558.pdf

Please keep us posted if the issue persists after following the guide.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hey @csmt,

Jumping in here to double-check with you if you have tried following this guide on how to integrate TikTok Lead Generation with Zapier: https://cdn.zappy.app/f13e7bd5466d2b0627a9e700c4ea0558.pdf

Please keep us posted if the issue persists after following the guide.

Thanks!

Yes, that is exactly what we’ve been trying to do. We are able to connect to the “Account” but when trying to select the Ad Account is when we get the message of error reading lists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @csmt! Thanks for sharing this with us!

I did some digging and it looks like there was a bug opened yesterday for this error. Good news is a fix was pushed and the bug closed about an hour ago!

Can you try going rebuilding your zap and hitting refresh on that step to see if it pulls the dropdown in?

If not, I may try disconnecting and reconnecting the app in your app management then trying again.

Keep us posted!

Userlevel 1

Thank you, it is working as expected now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Whoo! 🎉 So glad to hear it. Thanks for confirming that!

Keep us posted if you have any other q’s - always happy to help. 🤗