Best answer

TikTok error: Field named `access_token` not found in OAuth2 results

Userlevel 1

When trying to use Zapier to connect to TikTok, I’m getting the following error:

Field named `access_token` not found in OAuth2 results

The error appears after I successfully login to TT inside Zapier when setting up the zap. 

Help please!

icon

Best answer by SamB 7 September 2023, 10:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

49 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @Spexigon -

Welcome to Zapier Community. I did some digging on this and found the following in my research: 

If you're seeing that error message, it usually means that the wrong domain was selected in the Authentication pop-up window.

Can you please check what domain appears in your Tiktok account and try selecting that one during the auth process? Let me know if you have any questions! 

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same issue and can’t seem to figure it out

Userlevel 1

Hi there @Spexigon -

Welcome to Zapier Community. I did some digging on this and found the following in my research: 

If you're seeing that error message, it usually means that the wrong domain was selected in the Authentication pop-up window.

Can you please check what domain appears in your Tiktok account and try selecting that one during the auth process? Let me know if you have any questions! 

There is no domain to select in an “Authentication pop-up window”. This suggestion doesn’t make any sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @lifetimequality and @Spexigon -

Thank you for your feedback! I did some more digging and came across the following information: 

The error message indicates that TikTok ran into an authentication issue. This can happen, for example, if the connected user in the Zap doesn't have admin privileges in TikTok.

TikTok has a guide on how to set up the New Lead in TikTok Lead Generation trigger with Zapier: 
https://cdn.zappy.app/f13e7bd5466d2b0627a9e700c4ea0558.pdf

Please ensure that everything is set up according to that guide, and try the Zap again.

Should the issue persists after you've confirmed that you've followed TikTok's guide during setup, I'd recommend these troubleshooting steps:

1. Please visit your Zapier Connections page at: https://zapier.com/app/connections.
  2. Try adding your TikTok connection there. 
  3. If possible, send us a screenshot of your TikTok account's permission settings showing that you have admin privileges.
  4. We'd also like a full-screen screenshot of what happens when you try to connect your TikTok account on the Apps page.
    • Please include the browser's URL and the pop-up sign-in window before and after you try connecting.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Figured it out. It was literally just happening on iPad, once I switched to my desktop the issue was fixed. Both Zapier and TikTok are not well optimized for iPad in general.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @lifetimequality,

Awesome! We’re glad to know you were able to get it sorted!

As for @Spexigon, could you please review the following setup instructions to ensure you're not missing anything? Heres the link: https://ads.tiktok.com/help/article/integrate-tiktok-lead-generation-zapier?redirected=2

@chanelle The error still persists for me. I can neither add TikTok conversions nor TikTok leads. I have tried to add this connection via the Zap itself, the TikTok Ad Leads page and the Zapier Connections page (https://zapier.com/app/connections). All three of them were unsuccessful. It looks like there is an OAuth2.0 error either on Zapier’s or TikTok’s side - as one of them is out of sync and does not return the parameter needed for successful authentication (access_code). Please look into this and let us know when it works. Thanks!

Same issue here

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Raphael-YOCA, sorry to hear you’re running into this. 

Can you confirm which app you’re having issues connecting to? TikTok Conversions or TikTok Leads?

It sounds like we may have open bug reports for this and want to make sure we’re adding you to the right one. 🙂

Thanks so much! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends, It appears you're running into a know bug with TikTok Leads. I've added you as an affected user to the bug report. While I don't have an ETA on a fix, this is the best way to stay informed as it ensures you'll be emailed at that time! 

We'll also be sure to keep the thread updated with any available workarounds or news.

Sorry to not have better news but we appreciate you raising this in community!

Is there any workaround to this issue? I need this for my clients automatic alerts.

Hello! I have the same issue

Hey there, @Raphael-YOCA, sorry to hear you’re running into this. 

Can you confirm which app you’re having issues connecting to? TikTok Conversions or TikTok Leads?

It sounds like we may have open bug reports for this and want to make sure we’re adding you to the right one. 🙂

Thanks so much! 

100 % Thanks for handling!

I have the same issue. Can’t connect Tiktok with Zapier!

Try another browser. Firefox worked for me while Chrome was giving this error. Turn off all adblockers too.

Hey there, @Raphael-YOCA, sorry to hear you’re running into this. 

Thanks so much! 

100 % Thanks for handling!

It´s working again. TikTok had to fix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, thanks for letting us know @Raphael-YOCA. Are you able to share how TikTok was able to fix this for you?

I wonder if it might be helpful for others in the thread. 🙂

@eldo, @Gauzz, and @Elizaveta - can you confirm you’ve had an opportunity to try these steps:

The error message indicates that TikTok ran into an authentication issue. This can happen, for example, if the connected user in the Zap doesn't have admin privileges in TikTok.

TikTok has a guide on how to set up the New Lead in TikTok Lead Generation trigger with Zapier: 
https://cdn.zappy.app/f13e7bd5466d2b0627a9e700c4ea0558.pdf

Please ensure that everything is set up according to that guide, and try the Zap again.

Should the issue persists after you've confirmed that you've followed TikTok's guide during setup, I'd recommend these troubleshooting steps:

• Please visit your Zapier Connections page at: https://zapier.com/app/connections.
  • Try adding your TikTok connection there. 
  • If possible, send us a screenshot of your TikTok account's permission settings showing that you have admin privileges.
  • We'd also like a full-screen screenshot of what happens when you try to connect your TikTok account on the Apps page.
    • Please include the browser's URL and the pop-up sign-in window before and after you try connecting.

If you have, please let us know! Happy to add you to the bug report as an affected user.

Thanks so much for your help!

Hi, I have the same problem, could you please help me fix it ? I tried all the connexion methods, even changed my browser. @christina.d 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear you’re being affected by this as well @Zo Korp!

If the steps in that guide Christina shared didn’t help to resolve things then you’ll need to wait until the bug is resolved. Really sorry to not have a more immediate solution for you here.

I’ve added you to the list of affected users so you can expect an email notification from us as soon as it’s been fixed. If we come across any workarounds or other possible fixes to try we’ll be sure to share them in this thread. 

Hi, I am having the same issue when trying to connect a TikTok account for the TikTok Leads trigger. Using a different browser did not work. @christina.d, could you please add me to the bug report so I can be aware of when this issue is resolved? This is a very high priority need for one of our clients. Thank you!

Hey im having the same issues here! Tried all the recommendations and still showing error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @Gupta Media and @harmonyecom

I don’t have any updates to share at the minute but you’ve both been added to the list of affected users on the bug report now, so we’ll be in touch as soon as a fix is in place. 

Hi there, same issue here. Cannot run the authentication process because of the same error

Field named `access_token` not found in OAuth2 results

This error seems to come on Zapier’s side. I’ve just logged to Tiktok using MAKE. The problem is that leadGen download is only available on zapier

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @Etich. To confirm, the bug appears to be specifically affecting connections made via the TikTok app integration with Zapier.

I don’t have any news on when it will be resolved by but I’ve added you to the list so you’ll be notified by email as soon as it is.

@SamB I am experiencing this integration issue , if this issue resolved , kindly update me via my email , Thanks