Question

Thinkific error: No enrollment found. Create an enrollment in your account and test again.

Badge

Hello, I'm trying to create automated emails to students in Thinkific after they have completed a lesson. However, when I try to create a zap, I get this error message that the account can't be found. I have completed the integrations in both applications. 

34 replies

Badge

Also, do I need to create a separate zap for every lesson, or can I create 1 zap that is triggered when different lessons are completed and each lesson completion has a separate email?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Missyc01 

Will I need to go through my entire course as a fake student to set up the other 11 zaps?

Yes, most likely.

In tech terms, here’s why…

The Thinkific Zap trigger is instant, which means it uses webhooks to send data from Thinkific to the Zap trigger.

Once a Zap trigger step using Thinkific is configured, that creates an event subscriptions to be setup on the backend in Thinkific to send data to Zapier.

This is why you need to test of the Thinkific trigger event as an end user AFTER the Zap trigger step is configured, so the Thinkific app has data to send and knows which Zap trigger step to send the data to.

Badge

Ok, thank you! Also, do I need to create a separate zap for every lesson, or can I create 1 zap that is triggered when different lessons are completed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Missyc01 

For the Zap trigger: Thinkific - Lesson Completed

The Course field is required as indicated, and can accept 1+ selected Courses

The Lesson field is optional, and can accept 0+ selected Lessons.

Check the field descriptions for guidance.

Badge

I don’t think I understand. I completed the zap for the pre-assessment completion. 

But I want to add another zap for the completion of the next lesson, but Zapier isn’t giving me the option of “L

esson Completed” in the “choose event” section.

Badge

Looks like my message was cut off. I said 

I don’t think I understand. I completed the zap for the pre-assessment completion. 

But I want to add another zap for the completion of the next lesson, but Zapier isn’t giving me the option of “Lesson Completed” in the “choose event” section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Missyc01 

The Thinkific Zap triggers/actions can be reviewed here: https://zapier.com/apps/thinkific/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Thinkific - Lesson Completed is a trigger event, which can only be used in a Zap as step 1.

Badge

OK thanks. I went through my entire course as  a fake student. I created separate zaps and in Zapier. Then when tested them in zapier I got a green check mark implying that it was done correctly. I went back through the course as another fake student to test the emails and I didn’t receive any emails which implies that the zaps actually are not working. What can I do? This is very frustrating. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Missyc01 

To help you troubleshoot, check your Zap Runs history for activity and errors to help you trace the data flow between Zap steps (tabs for DATA IN/OUT): https://zapier.com/app/history/

Perhaps consider hiring help from a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts