Best answer

There was an error writing to your Google Sheets: Unable to parse range: 'Breakdown"!2023-05-09:2023-05-09

Userlevel 1



I’ve been trying to get a Zap to work in which I: 


  1. Register an invoice has been created in Square
  2. Lookup the the spreadsheet row in Google Sheets (in this case, the date due)
  3. Fill out necessary data.

I have tested the zap and cannot get past the last stage as I keep getting the error: 


Failed to create a spreadsheet row in Google Sheets

There was an error writing to your Google sheet. Unable to parse range: 'Breakdown'!2023-05-09:2023-05-09


I’ve tried numerous solutions but nothing seems to be working. Any help would be appreciated!




Best answer by ken.a 12 May 2023, 15:21

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Blast Recording,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into our notes, and I found a similar error that you're experiencing. Here are some possible fixes that might help:

  • Colons (:) in spreadsheet and worksheet titles can sometimes cause this error in a Zap. Check the name of the spreadsheet/worksheet in their Zap dropdown, and have them remove any colons.
  • The user changed the spreadsheet/worksheet's name. The Zap therefore wasn't able to find the sheet. By reselecting both the Spreadsheet AND the Worksheet in the Zap editor, the error went away.
  • The sheet contains frozen columns/rows.
  • The user mapped a random (not an actual row) number in the Row field of the Sheets template. For example, 1106718600122919.
  • Sometimes after correcting the issues listed above the user still receives the error. I found through testing making a copy of the zap and using the copy will resolve the issue.

Also, we have a help article that talks about this similar error as well. Check it out here:


Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a

Thanks for the response - I’ve already checked these but unfortunately am no further. 


I can’t see any colons either, unless I’m missing something?


Is there anything else I can send you to further diagnose this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Blast Recording,

Thanks for checking those out.

One issue that I can see here is the mapped data in the “Row” field of the “Update Spreadsheet Row” action. Could you please try remapping that field with the Row ID or ID from the “Lookup Spreadsheet Row” action? The Row ID should look like this:

(view larger)

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

I think it’s working! Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Blast Recording,

You are most welcome. I’m glad it’s working now!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 1

@ken.a I’m having a similar error, see attached.

I used the Lookup Spreadsheet Row and tested it successfully, but when it went to update it gave me the error: “There was an error writing to your Google sheet. Unable to parse range: 'Properties'!53...3, USA - Ma...s:53...3, USA - Ma...s”

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @mattydphoto,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Unfortunately, it seems that the screenshot you shared didn't come through. Could you please resend the screenshots again?

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

@ken.a I’ve figured it out! I had to use ID of the row (220 in this case) to be able to update the info instead of the address of the property itself. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @mattydphoto,

That's fantastic news! I'm really happy to hear that you were able to sort it out!

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to the Community. We're always here and more than happy to help you out! 😊

I am facing the same issue as U try to populate my sheet with Calendly bookings and can’t seem to figure it out. There are no columns in any of the sheet names. The Zap seems to be running okay when I test it but nothing is coming on the sheet itself