Question

The Zap is creating blank contacts in HubSpot from FreshLearn.

• 10 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi! I set up a zap from FreshLearn to Hubspot. I simply want Zapier to send new contacts in FreshLearn over to my HubSpot account. When I test this, I get a blank contact added into HubSpot. No errors are presenting. Help?!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @khart 

Give us more context by posting screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured.

@Troy Tessalone Thanks for the response! Do these help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@khart 

We would need to see more screenshots from Step 2 in EDIT mode to see which fields you have configured.

@Troy Tessalone Here are more. I will say I don’t need all of the fields that were brought over but I don’t see how I can deselect them. If that helps… Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@khart 

For Step 2, use the Field search to narrow down the fields that are required/populated.

Then show us screenshots about which fields you have populated.

You can use the ‘CUSTOM’ tab to map dynamic variable values between Zap steps. (help)

@Troy Tessalone thanks! Attached are some screenshots… also, I had to import “full name” into “first name”. Is there a way to change that? It would be nice to have it “first name” and “last name”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@khart 

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you trace the data between steps in order to troubleshoot.

The HubSpot step will return the Contact ID that you can use to find the Contact in HubSpot.

https://zapier.com/app/history/