Question

The Zap is changing my PDF name to ID code when attaching it to Gmail from Google Drive.

• 19 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Step 1: look for a "New File in a Folder in Google Drive"

The Zap finds the file is which is PDF

Step 2: send file to Gmail as an attachment

So here is the problem: The original file name is TT_0101183_Counseling Notes yet when the file is attached to the email, the file name is changed to what looks like the ID code (see image); the name of the file attached is not the name of the PDF that was found in the Drive at step 1

Somehow the PDF has it name changed as it attached to the Gmail....very frustrating

I know Zapier made changes to the Google Drive Zaps last night but this is problematic

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @blueguy,

This seems to be an issue with the new Google Drive update. Additionally, it seems that you have already initiated a support ticket with our team regarding this issue.

My suggestion would be to continue the conversation there and wait for their response. This will allow them to investigate the issue further and determine if it is a bug since they have the correct tools to dig deeper into the logs.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you Sir!

Yes, the new Google Drive update is an issue!!!  And that has created a lot of extra work for me!!

gml