Best answer

The upload video could not be sent to YouTube. Media type 'text/plain' is not supported.".

• 14 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Facebook Live Video Post to YouTube returns following error: The upload video could not be sent to YouTube. Media type 'text/plain' is not supported.".

When shall the object be added to detect the video?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 14 August 2023, 13:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Undeterminable,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the error you’re running into is related to the mapped data in the “Video” field in the YouTube step. The “Video” field is a file field that looks for the file object or direct download URL of the video. More about this here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453-Send-files-in-Zaps.

Additionally, could you please let me know the trigger you’re using for Facebook?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Unfortunately there is no object for the field that is relevant. 

Upload video in YouTube when new post by you in Facebook Pages is the trigger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Undeterminable,

Thanks for the update.

You’re correct, the Facebook Pages triggers doesn’t return any file object or direct download URL of the video. That said, we do have an open feature request for the “New Video” trigger for Facebook Pages. I have added you as another interested member to that feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.