Question

The "Send Email" action in Microsoft Outlook is not using the correct email from Google Sheets.

• 16 June 2023
  • 6 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Morning all

So i set up a zap from form in GoCanvas to populate a google sheet to then create an email back to that person with a rate request. this is going to cut out the amount of time people have to do this. However when i set up the Step Details in the Action, it was working but it was holding an old email address as this was what we used in the test.

So i changed it and tested again with a new email address. Now i dont get this at all and im now concerned that i am sending things across the system.

The email response needs to go to the email address that completed the original form. The below i was hoping to go to “xxxxxxx@gmail.com” this email address will change depending on who completes the form.

The below is what i have where i selected 1. Email Address: hoping that this was what it would read from the google sheet but this is def not the case

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @ABZTAFFYBOY

It looks like you’ve selected the correct field there. The To Email(s) field should be automatically filled out when the Zap runs, and send an email to the email address in the Email Address column for the row that triggers the Zap.

You can review exactly what email addresses the Zap has sent a message to from within the Zap History. Alternatively, if you’d like to get sent a copy of the emails but don’t want your email address to be seen on the list of recipients, you can add your email address to the BCC Email(s) field:
f535f4189a13495d5f1197f02d61e815.png

Hope that helps. Please keep us update on how you get on with this! 🙂

Yea it didnt happen which is frustrating as ive been adding my personal email address (thegmail) at the end and i still didnt get.

My only thought is id like the email to be sent to the email address that appears in the cell and not in the column if that makes sense so every time a new person fills out the form and it hits google then they receive the rate back to them and not off to whoever is nominated for the column

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, thanks for sharing that @ABZTAFFYBOY! Sorry to hear this isn’t working out quite as expected!

Hmm, are you able to review the Zap History as Sam mentioned? Specifically the Data out for the Outlook step may be useful here. Sometimes that gives us a few more details on whether an email was sent and/or where it was sent. More on that here. Feel free to share screenshots of that with any personal details removed if you’d like us to take a look!

It might even be worth checking spam/junk folder in case it’s ended up there by mistake. If it's not there I recommend searching your whole email inbox for emails ending in ‘@zapier.com’. 

Let us know! 🙂

ok so i found out to my disgust that it was infact me who is the clown. i hadnt switched my zap off aand i was manually entering the data into the google sheet and it was not having any of it. i appreciate all the people who looked at this issue. i have another one ref adding columns after the zap but i think ive earnt my sleep today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ABZTAFFYBOY,

No worries at all! It's part of the learning process and it happens to the best of us. I'm glad you were able to figure out the issue with your Zap.

Rest well, you've certainly earned it! We’re looking forward to assisting you with your next Zapier adventure! 😊