Best answer

"The required action to update the speadsheet is not currently enabled"

• 17 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Error I keep receiving
Confirmation link and name are listed correctly in instructions

GPT action is enabled and I even waited a while to see if there was a delay. Still says not enabled.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hey guys, Trying to set up a GPT assistant that can automatically add information from a receipt into the appropriate fields in the Google Sheet I provided it. Everytime I try to have it add the information in, I run into the problem of “Action is not enabled”. I double checked the code to make sure it has the correct action for the confirmation link, and that it is enabled. Both of those are done, why does it keep telling me its not enabled when the action clearly is. Anyone find a soluton to this yet?

icon

Best answer by Jampbell 20 November 2023, 15:04

View original

4 replies

Anyone know what im doing wrong here? I tried another action that wasnt google sheet and still couldnt get it to detect on gpt that the action was enabled. GPT is connected here on zapier with allowed access and also the action is enabled. Im using the correct confirmation link and name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Jampbell! 👋

Sorry to hear of the troubles in getting that AI Action working. If it’s already been correctly enabled then it definitely shouldn’t be asking you to enable it again. So perhaps this could be a due to a bug. Either way, your best best will be to contact the Support team handling AI Actions queries here: https://nla.zapier.com/support/. They’ll be able to investigate further and can confirm whether you’re definitely running into a bug. 

Really wish I had a more immediate solution to share here. I’m eager to ensure this gets resolved so please keep us in the loop on how you get on with them!

Thanks for the reply, but I managed to get ir figured out eventually, turned out to be a stupid simple mistake like it usually is haha. I was using the wrong action. I needed to use create row action instead of update row.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for the update here @Jampbell. I’m so glad it’s working now! 😁🎉

Really pleased you were able to get this solved by using the Create Spreadsheet Row action to create a new row instead of attempting to update an existing one. Please do let us know if you run into any further issues. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡