Question

The file upload on Google Forms appears as an identifier file in Trello that doesn't open

• 22 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello there, I have a zap where I automated my Google Form submissions to Trello, but am facing an issue where the image/attachment uploaded on the Google Form is showing up as an identifier file in Trello that is not opening.

I was able to get this to work on a separate Test Google Form (in my GDrive) and Test Zap, but not with my final Google Form (my manager’s GDrive) and final Zap.

Can someone help me resolve this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @wdhelp 

We will need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode to have more context.

Hi @Troy Tessalone , thanks for being willing to take a look at this. Here are screenshots of how I set up my Zap:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@wdhelp 

You likely need to use a different url structure to get the direct download link for the file.

You can use this tool to help you understand the GDrive file direct download link format to use: https://sites.google.com/site/gdocs2direct/

Help article about different GDrive File formats:

Make sure the files saved in GDrive are publicly accessible.

If you need to you can add a Zap action step: GDrive - Add File Sharing Preference