Skip to main content

I have a google sheet that is filled in by a google form. I have a zap that syncs this info to a zap table. The table has about 6 zaps associated with it. When I fill out the google form and submit it, I can see the info in the google sheet. I then go to the zap table and I don't see the record. All the associate zaps run and send out all the notifications and emails even though I can’t see it in the table. When I open one of the zaps associated with the table and walk through the test trigger phase I can see the info in  the results?? Any ideas?

Hi @Marye 

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you trace the data flow and troubleshoot.

You will be able to see the Zapier Tables Record ID.

Here’s how to add a column to the Zapier Table to see the record ID.

1. Trigger: Tables - New Record
  2. Action: Tables - Update Record
    1. Map the Record ID to the new Record ID single text field

For us to have more info, you would need to outline a specific example with details and screenshots.

Does this look right?

I trigger the record to copy then insert the Row ID. It doesnt work.

@Marye 

You need to map the same variable for both Record ID fields.

First Record ID field is the actual Tables record to update.

Second Record ID fields is the Table field called Record ID that you want to set with a value of the Record ID.

Thanks that worked

That’s awesome @Marye! A huge thanks to Troy for lending a hand and for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗