Question

The Close Smart View trigger isn't working consistently in Zapier.

• 9 July 2023
  • 2 replies

I use Smart Views in Close CRM (they are like standing search queries which show Leads/Contacts matching certain filters, e.g. emailed me yesterday - the list of contacts matching the filters changes dynamically).

Objective: I want to send the list of leads for each ‘smart view’ to Hubspot and tag each lead with a field identifying the smart field it is in.  e.g. I have a smart view: Leads who emailed me yesterday.  In Hubspot I have a field “Smart View” which would show “Leads who emailed me yesterday”.

Work Thus far:
**Zapier for Close has an exact trigger for this - “New Lead in Search Query / Smart View in Close” which unfortunately only seems to work some of the time.  The test cases always work, and I’ve been able to trigger it a few times, but often it does not trigger.

I assume this is because of how Close updates the smart views OR is related to timing in some way.  I’m not sure, but I cannot figure out what the cases are where it does or does not trigger.  Zapier has a 15m polling clock I believe also which may be complicating this.

But I imagine this should be possible because it’s quite simple AND because Zapier has a trigger built exactly for this.

If anyone has experience with this Close Trigger OR perhaps some way to do this more simply I haven’t thought of, would GREATLY appreciate any advice!

Thanks

2 replies

Ok solved this problem in a rather radically different way but which is more robust - will post solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Orionxanomaly1138,

That's fantastic news! I'm really happy to hear that you managed to solve the problem.

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind sharing the solution you came up with? It would be incredibly helpful for our other amazing Community members who might encounter a similar issue.

Thank you! 😊