Best answer

The app returned "The resource could not be found.". - Excel - SharePoint

  • 18 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone,


I keep having this issue with Excel file on Sharepoint - When I edit the zap, the connection works fine and the test pass with not issue, but when it is running, I keep getting the error and nothing is being updated in my spreadsheet.


I looked through the articles, but nothing helps.


Best answer by christina.d 24 August 2022, 23:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @IWBCryo 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have more context.

You can also try opening a ticket with Zapier Support:

Userlevel 1

Here are some screenshots of my Zap.


So the trigger works - shopify - paid order

I just filter and format - no error here

Excel - says it is connected and I have the file in the default sharepoint site, so it has access and per the screenshots, it shows the folder, the file and it has access. Then testing the zap - works fine. 

Then - I just sent an email as notification.


The zap history says it runs all the steps, except for the Excel, that keeps saying the recourse is not found… 


Userlevel 7
Badge +14


This may be why…

I'm not able to connect my Microsoft Excel account?

We only support OneDrive for business right now - as the Excel API comes out of beta status we expect to support any version of Excel online.
Personal Outlook accounts do not work unfortunately!



Userlevel 1

It could be that. I was also going by this. Assuming it will work, and that’s why I’m using the default Sharepoint site.



Userlevel 7
Badge +14


Might be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for additional help:

Userlevel 1

I did, thank you @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya! I wanted to pop in the recommendations from the support ticket in case it’s helpful to anyone following along!

I'm curious if reselecting the folders would do the trick here: 
If a file is moved at all between folders, there can be a disconnect. I do recommend starting here for troubleshooting. 
I would also recommend Sharing the connection with your team to ensure there aren't any permissions barriers here:

Hopefully this helps! 🤗