Best answer

The app returned "The email field must be a valid email address." Mailerlite and Jotform

• 28 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to send contacts who complete a jotform submission to Mailerlite. The zaps are saying they are going through when I have “Send Subscriber to MailerLite” and I click the portion of the jotform that has the emai lin it (It shows first name, last name and email). The subscribers weren’t being added so I realized maybe I did the incorrect zap. I have tried to switch it to the zap “Create or Update Subscriber” and I click the same exact portion of the jotform that has the email address in it, and I get an error that says:

The app returned "The email field must be a valid email address.".

Do I have to change my Jotform to have someone enter their email in one portion, and then their name in another part of the form? It’s a quiz, where someone puts their name and email to get the results, I don’t want to have to make them hit next just to enter their name on the next screen if it can be avoided. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 28 August 2023, 18:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @crystald 

Good question.

The value provide for the email field includes first name, last name, and labels.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@crystald 

You can add another Zap step: Formatter > Text > Extract Email

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone You are an angel! Thank you!!