Question

The app returned "company_id" must be a valid GUID error when finding or creating an entry in Attio.

• 13 June 2023
  • 6 replies

My company has a form on our website that founders looking for funding fill, which creates a new entry in Airtable. We use a CRM called ‘Attio’ to manage our communications and want to create a zap that adds a new lead to our ‘Startup Deal Flow’ list in Attio when a new company entry is added to our Airtable list.

Below is a screenshot of the error message that is returned and the action that is configured.

If I change the Record ID to company ID from Airtable I still receive the same error. I think the issue is that there is nothing in Airtable that references a typical GUID. 

Is there a way to create a GUID in Airtable for each record?

6 replies

If I change the Record ID to company ID from Airtable I still receive the same error. I think the issue is that there is nothing in Airtable that references a typical GUID. 

Is there a way to create a GUID in Airtable for each record?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mgernatt 

Good question.

Check the field description.

The field expects the Attio Company ID, instead of the Company Name from Airtable.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone. It appears the issues came needing to perform multiple distinct actions to create a person, create a company, and link the two in order to create a unique ID for the person record and company record. 

I was able to reconfigure the Zap and successfully test it, but am now running into a separate issue related to transferring existing records in Airtable to Attio. It appears this is a known error across multiple apps. I added myself to the notification list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Gah, while I’m glad to hear you were able to get this sorted, sorry to hear this is where it ended!

I responded on the other thread first but guess I wanted to confirm - are you trying to bulk transfer records using Transfer by Zapier?

Hey @christina.d, yes, I successfully tested the Zap, but the new error which caused me to add myself to the other thread occurred when I tried to run the zap on the data that already exists in Airtable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ahhh, I see! I’m tracking now. I missed the bit about existing records - my apologies! 🙈

Appreciate you sharing the extra context! 🙂