Question

Text Formatter Not Splitting Email as 2 Separate Outputs

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I am fetching data from Docusign where there's 2 emails, I added a simple Formatter step to split those into 2 emails but when I try to fetch them, they are still showing as 1 output. Tried both Splitting on comma and simply using email extraction.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @James Blackwell 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how the Action section in the Formatter step is configured.

Hi @James Blackwell 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how the Action section in the Formatter step is configured.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@James Blackwell 

That screenshot is for the App & Event section, but we need to see the Action section.

@James Blackwell

That screenshot is for the App & Event section, but we need to see the Action section.

I'm sorry here you go:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@James Blackwell 

How are you trying to use the email addresses in the following Zap action steps? (screenshots)

I dont understand your question, I'm trying to split that data into 2 email addresses and then send an email + add the member to Skool. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@James Blackwell 

The email addresses from DocuSign are in an array of items.

If you are trying to use both email addresses separately, then try using the Looping app to iterate over each: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

You shouldn’t need the Formatter step if using Looping.

@James Blackwell

The email addresses from DocuSign are in an array of items.

If you are trying to use both email addresses separately, then try using the Looping app to iterate over each: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

You shouldn’t need the Formatter step if using Looping.

I can swear this was easily done using the Formatting feature before. Did you guys change it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@James Blackwell 

I don’t work for Zapier.

I'm trying to split that data into 2 email addresses and then send an email + add the member to Skool. 

Are you trying to use both email addresses?

If yes, then use these Zap steps:

• Looping
  • Gmail
  • Skool

Are you trying to only use 1 email addresses?

If yes, then use these Zap steps:

• Looping
  • Filter
  • Gmail
  • Skool

Thanks for your help so far Troy. I added a Looping step now but not sure how to extract the 2nd email from this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@James Blackwell

Try these Zap steps:

• Looping - Create Loop from Line Items
  • Filter
    • Email does not include @[your domain]
  • Gmail - Send Email
  • Skool - Invite Member

That's what I did but its not returning the Loop Iteration 2 value separately. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@James Blackwell 

Looping help article indicates this: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496106701453-Loop-your-Zap-actions

Try turning the Zap ON and testing.